Montag, 12. November 2007

Monday morning.
No work today.
Actually I'm just waiting for the 50 page manuscript to turn up.

I'm a bit nervous to be honest. I mean I know I should take rejection on the nose, then get up and start again but being logical is not one of my forte's.
I mean you pin all your hopes on your book, you tell your friends about it, you talk about it constantly and then some faceless secretary slips you onto the slush pile out of spite because the boyfriend who just dumped her is also called Jones....
See how nervous and irrational I am about this?

Ah well, it'll be alright on the night.
It 's a good story, I've had help from a load of people because they believe in it and so I'll draw my fortitude from their support and see it through like a trooper... gulp.

Reg :-/

1 Kommentar:

R Grayling hat gesagt…

As they say up here in York...

"It'll be right"

Or, as Samuel Johnson once put it...

“Your manuscript is both good and original; but the parts that are good are not original, and the parts that are original are not good.”

Hope that made you smile

RG,SA