Mittwoch, 1. Oktober 2008

Well the publshing firm who print and sell the POD books replied to my question about the cost.
Their answer was along the lines of that it will cost as much as any other book.
Vague to say the least.
So....
what to do, what to do?

The majority of people who answered my call for feedback, (and I thank you all for it) were against the whole thing, which reinforced my initial thoughts on the matter after reading the contract.
So, after much pondering on the subject I've decided not to go for it.
I'll sort out the first couple of chapters and simply plod on in the traditional manner, agent, publisher, bookshop.
I just need an agent now, lol.

If I can't find one I'll try Lulu.com or Booksurge, who have definite answers to questions like how much will the book be sold for and what exactly do I get by way of a distribution service.
Also I can do this in my own time and not worry about rushing an unedited MS off before the end of the month.
So, after briefly dipping my little toe into the waters of literary aspiration, I've taken it out again because I found it too cold.
And that's that.
Right, it's the wife's birthday today and we're all going for a meal so I'll bid you all a fond farewell.

Farewell.
Reg :-)

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Well I think you're very wise in your decision. Time is on your side after all's said and done.
You will still maintain control this way and that is the important thing I feel.
I spent many laborious hours re jigging the first few pages of my novels. In the third book I rewrote several chapters but there does come a time when you have to say thats enough. Otherwise we will never stop !!
Ok so i've got an agent but while it's sitting in labour awaiting birth I have started penning other bits and pieces while I await Frankie babes and his next encounter.:-)