Samstag, 24. Oktober 2009

Nothing in this life is easy and especially if you're red of hair, Welsh and me. I struggled with the website, stumbling around its cyber halls like an early Bill gates on a bad acid trip; my ignorance and inexperience showing like a white-headed zit at every computer-generated turn.
And yet somehow, and only The Maker knows how, I managed to sort it out to how I, (sort of) wanted it to be.
Happy days, one would think…
Alas, no. It was not to be. Once again that rancid harridan, Fate orally purged her stomach contents over my hopes and dreams.
Two hours of cerebral sweating for nothing; the bloody website wouldn't publish. :-(
The best bit is that they give a reason why, which is all well and good until you realise it's written in some kind of Masonic code that probably resembles the Mayan calendar in its portent, but obviously has me scratching my noggin like a nonplussed baboon.
Here, have a read:

COMMAND: Connect BlahblahBlahwebsite
STATUS: 220-Matrix FTP server ready.220-This is a private system - No anonymous login220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.220 Please note: files for your website must be stored under the htdocs directory.COMMAND: Login divisionofthedamned.co.uk passwd:****** Login Failed STATUS: 530 Authentication failed, sorry

…hello?
What's all that about then?

What I don't understand is that they've written that I haven't logged in but you have to log in so as to make any changes. What are they wittering on about? Can anyone out there make sense of it?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!
Anyway, I've sent them an email and asked if they'd translate it for me into English.
The answer they send me better be good or there's going to be TROUB.
T.R.U.B.; trouble.

Have a nice weekend, I won't.
Reg :-(

Keine Kommentare: