Dienstag, 7. Juli 2009

Friday is THE day.
On Friday the Tenth of July, me, myself and my little tribe of Jones family credit crunch survivors will be flying to Majorca for two weeks of sun, beer, sand, beer, laziness and more beer with a couple of John Collins thrown in for good measures.
To say that I can't wait is an understatement of biblical proportions, bested only by Marshall Petain's claim that Verdun was, "a bit of a pickle". (OK, OK he didn't actually say that but I haven't any ready quotes to hand. However, I'm sure you get my meaning.)

Anyway, while I'm basting myself under the Iberian sun, (well all but Iberian) like a beer-bellied, oven-ready chicken, I'm hoping to be able to splat down a couple of lines of my new project.
Not only that, dear jealous reader, but I am also hoping to meddle a bit with Division of the Dammed part II, GULAG!!
Gasp, shock, horror…

Hey, why not, eh?
You only live once and I seem to have run aground already with the new thing. Only temporarily of course, I'll be back up and swinging like a punch drunk heavyweight before the bell goes for last orders, but I have taken a tasty right cross on it at the moment.
However, this is the plan.
What happens if I'm marooned Writer's Block island with only the one project? I feel like a fraud using that term but there's no other phrase for it, anyway, Writer's Block bowls me a googly and I'm run out on the crease…What then?!?!
Disaster, Catastrophe, Four Editors of the Apocalypse, Extinction Level Event, Day of Judgement??

No my slippery fish-brained, deluded friend, all is well.
Plan B simply sets itself in motion and I slide neatly back on the trail with Von Struck and the chaps before you can say, "Howzat!"
Now don't be such a nay-saying sissy and start preaching about getting confused with the two plots, the characters, the research, the facts and the many types of Gin blah blah blah…
Because I won't, you see (?), you great, big dollop of school custard, give me credit for at least half a brain cell wontcha?
I'll have everything to hand, except for t'internet, and I'll go from that; making corrections on my return Sausage-side. The plot, my Wikipedia notes, I have it all on the laptop.
It's a great plan, nothing can go wrong and I CAN'T WAIT to put it in motion.

If I don't write before, I'll see you when I get back.
Reg :-)

PS. Honestly, I'm so hyper right now, does it tell?

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

You've been on the meths again, haven't you Reg!

Badger

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

I'm high on life George, can't you tell?

tee the jealous one hat gesagt…

Well Im with Badger on this one .... however have a wonderful break and "see you" when you get back with the wailing and gnashing of teeth over something or other.LOL