Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2007

The synopsis is history !!
I won.

Next move is the website.
Wouldn't it be great to send in my query letter, (and synopsis, don't forget that nugget) and be able to give a website that supplies all the background knowledge any agent/editor would need about the book?
"But that's why you have the synopsis" I hear you cry.
No, the synopsis is for the agent/editor to scope the story to make sure it's not a political/sexual/social hot potatoe and that it makes sense.
With a website dedicated to the story and characters you can introduce a whole new dimension to your presentation. Taking the reader right into the realm of your own literary world.

Of course, if your book is about toilet blockages you might not want to be so graphic; but for the rest of us hopeful mortals, (with less exotic topics to cover) it would be a major boon.

Brilliant !!
So where to start.

Well, you don't want a website that looks like it was put together by the rag and bone man.
A bit of effort is required. Know-how too.
That's where contacts and friends come in, or a lot of money. The money option is not an option, (if you follow my meaning) for me.
So friends and contacts it is.

I'll let you know how I got on.
Reg :-)

Keine Kommentare: