Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010

Hi8 to DVD and pulled ligaments.

So, here I am, my foot in a splint and weeks off work to look forward to.


What happened?

I wish I knew. My good woman managed to drive our car into a pile of snow, I went to help push the car out and it seems I pulled a ligament… or even worse!
Whatever, self pity aside, at least I have time now to record all of our old tapes of the kids onto DVD and do some writing, which is what I’m doing right now.

The illustrated story is coming on, I’m 3000 words into it and going strong, (if the meter had been a tad looser I would have called that a nice little couplet). The good thing is that I can concentrate on dialogue and action, rather than trying to set the scene for the reader because the scene is already pictured for them. Convenience in prose is far too often overlooked in my eye… ;-)



I am also burning all the old Hi8 cassettes we filmed of the kids onto DVD.
I know the whole world is now Blu-ray but I’m not so live with it; can’t afford it to be honest.

You tend to forget how cute your own kids were as babies. Their love was unconditional and didn’t depend on what you could do for them; they simply loved you because you were their world. Nowadays I hear, “I hate you, I love you” more times than a couple of newly wed lesbians suffering from PMS. Mood swings are a whole way of life for hormonally challenged teenagers and my kids are only 12 !!!

It does not bode well for the next couple of years.

Whatever, I’ll survive.
Right, I’m off to do some burning and writing.

Reg :-)

5 Kommentare:

Tee chuckling in sympathy and if you believe that.... hat gesagt…

Oh what are you like you Welsh nutter !!!
Apart from the pain (I've done the same in the past then broke my ankle on top of it)think of all that lovely time off.I expect loads of work to be flowing from your fingers and want to see results.

After thought do you get sickness pay?

tee ... time hat gesagt…

Well I'm with you on the Vit C thing. The building I work in is the old Police Station used during Victorian times and now converted and updated. Perhaps it's just old and knackered and retained it's negativity. Who knows. Lots of strange things in heaven and earth as they say. Mostly i think its because colleagues don't come back completely well but just on the mend and then bring their germs back in. Also who knows what they pick up when they visit properties.
Oh well. Going to put feet up now with a cuppa as I guess you also are lol.

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

Actually I'm going over what I've written for the illustrated story and then I'll put my feet up.
Cheers!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Pretty interesting place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. BTW, try to add some pics :).

Tee hat gesagt…

Ok then done deal but I want to see lots of work being done though.
If not, plenty of storyline ideas experienced whilst downing a few
;-)
Get well soon
x