Samstag, 2. Januar 2010

Christmas 2009, New Year 2010 and the many moods of the Colwyn Quaffer

I’m not a moody person but I am a man of moods.

Does that make sense?

I do generally tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, (or more like on my chest like one of those awful, gaudy broaches that Grandmothers used to wear in the 70`s), and so when I’m up, I’m UP and conversely when I’m down, I’m DOWN.

I think it’s called manic depression actually but I don’t like to consider the possibility that I may be mentally unstable, so I’ll just live in denial and potter on with my moods.



The month or so leading up to Christmas I was sort of on a down slope. A couple of things had happened, work was getting to me and then Gerd passed away and it all conspired to put me into a nosedive that an Acapulco Cliff Diver would blanch at.

Then came Chrimbo.



I don’t know why but it was GREAT! Honestly, it was a doozy. I worked night shift on Christmas Eve but that really was the only minor blight on the festivities.

Even the Christmas Eve church service I was press ganged into attending by my wife and daughter was nice.

NICE?!?!

I mean lawks a lordy, insane or what?

The kids loved their pressies, my wife loved her pressies, we just ALL loved our pressies. There was no fighting among the kids, they ate well at the Christmas Dinner and played contentedly with their new “whatever-we-bought-them” while I played with my crate of beer, X Files series 9 DVD boxset and new mobile phone.

I really, really enjoyed Christmas despite having to work and I don’t even know why, isn’t that just so cool?



However, it doesn’t stop there.

For some inexplicable reason it set me up on a wave of exuberance that could have swamped Manhattan Island. I mean, it was lunacy! All the minor poo that tangled up my life just fell by the wayside as I casually laughed off the minor dramas that once, pre-Yuletide, seemed like the torments of Prometheus.

Christmas did me a power of good, as the saying goes, and that’s the way it should be.



New Year’s Eve was nice, however I woke up on the 1st of Jan to more snow than an Arabian indoor ski resort, a broken down heating system and a hangover that could have struck a straight seven on the Richter scale. Not the best of starts to the new decade but what the hell, it can only get better, right kids?

Right Reg.



So anyway, here’s to a vigorous 2010 to us all, with health and riches being the goal of the next 365 days, lol.



Reg

3 Kommentare:

tee hat gesagt…

Hello me little chickadee.
So pleased you had a great time. I picked up a virus and have just got on my feet again. However I'm back in the race again now. 2009 seemed to be full of one sort of virus or another.
2010 should be the year we all storm the world.
Tee x

Paula RC hat gesagt…

Happy New Writing Year to you, Reg. and all the best to you and your family for the new year.

Paula RC hat gesagt…

Please do drop by and pick up an award when you have time, Reg.