Sonntag, 17. August 2008

I read an interesting post in a forum from the agent I sent my MS to. In it he writes that the last two months have been all go and that he's had no time recently for anything else but his present clients. He also runs an editing service but there's no alarm bells on that because it's separate to his representation agency.
Anyway, as optimistic as I am, that could be the reason why I haven't heard a dicky bird from him since I sent my 'stuff' all those many moons ago.

Gulag really is moving on now. I put down a couple more pages yesterday and I'm happy with where it's at for probably the first time since I started it.
Sometimes a story takes on a life of its own and you suddenly find yourself in unchartered waters thinking, "How the hell did I get here?"
However, I'm determined that will not happen with this one because I want to get it finished; though that could take a while at my present pace.

After Gulag I think I'll give Von Struck a rest. I've come up with a brilliant plot for another book which I can only describe as being something like a cross between Jurassic Park and War and peace !!!
AND there's Frank to think of...
Oh dear, I'll have to slow down methinks.

Reg :-)

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Interesting thought about the agent and pressure of work.
To generate some interest I wrote a post on every message board on SA.
One post was concerning writers block.
My trilogy is done Frank is on the way. I have two other story lines and when I went to the first nothing happened so I opened the second and.......nuthin.
So I guess the timing is wrong and we all suffer from blocks at some point.
Maybe I just needed a break from serious writing. As I said Frank is a pleasant aside and relaxing. Probably because there is no pressure.
Come the winter months though I guess the other two storylines will just start to pan out and work will start.
Well I read W & P twice.... teamed up with Jurassic.....the mind boggles.
Need to leave it there as the nickery calls me. It's always busier during the school holidays. Dontcha just love the little vandals. It's raining today so maybe they will take a day off. Hah