Sonntag, 1. Januar 2012

The waiting game.

Well Christmas came and went in a haze of Yuletide whiskey and festive ale and here I am, on the other side of New Year's day, wondering at how fast it all fell behind me??

It seems like only yesterday that I knocked off from work and looked eagerly ahead to picking my parents up from Hanover airport to spend Xmas with us.
And now I'm back at work again :-(

It's a cruel trick of life that everything we look forward to slips us a Mickey Fin and is over before we can get to grips with it, and everything we're forced to wait for takes ages... unless it's something unpleasant.

And that's how it is with my book.
I actually won the Night Poll on March 2nd and I don't have the words to describe how that felt. I was confident that I'd have it on Amazon etc for the Christmas frenzy, but it was not to be. I know I told you all it'll only take a few months but there were complications along the way.

Now, with the unwritten sheet of 2012 laid before me I feel it won't be long before it's there.
Tim has sent me the first edits so it's being edited and formatted now as I write.

But when it's actually out there I cannot say.
Soon, soon is all I know.
I'm very grateful for the interest shown and I promise that when it's out I will tell the world, literally
 ;-)
Margaret Thatcher, (not my favourite person in the world but this fits the bill nicely), once said,
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end." and that, dear reader, sums up how I am at the moment.

It's coming.

All the best for 2012 peeps, and may Fortuna turn her dazzling smile on all your endeavours ...just hope she's not suffering from PMT when she does.
Reg ;-)

3 Kommentare:

Hannah hat gesagt…

Nice post, Raggs, hope your book will be out soon, you've been waiting so long!
Have a great year!
Liefs, Hannah

P.S. Why does your blog ask me to type "wanker" in the sicherheitsabfrage?

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

LOOOL ^^
I have no idea Himmyh!!

Tee hat gesagt…

Won't be long now 'ET' ROTFL.
If you've got the edits done then it's well on the way.
This will be your year. I hope you have the next one waiting in the wings.
BTW Y Raggs? I'm curious.
Tee x