Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2010

The Division of the Damned Reduced and going for a song

So this is the plan.


I’m going to cut Division of the Damned down from 160,000 words to 120;000.
To be honest, it was a bit pie in the sky for me to expect a printing house to accept a manuscript of that size from an unknown author but I wasn’t to know and that’s that.

I mean it’s good, but the “Nu Shakespeare” it is not.

So there’s only one course of action to be taken, well two actually but I’m not going to bin it so therefore, I’ll have to cut it down.
The problem is, which parts do I delete?
Unfortunately the plot is so intertwined with itself that it’s like a four metre wide crossword puzzle and I’m only allowed to pull out the naughty words. What to do, what to do?
Obviously there were certain parts that I knew could be discarded straight away, so they went in the first day. Never the less, I’ve had my work cut out patching up the wounds of the pieces that are a germane to the story.

Basically it’s going to take longer than I thought.
It’s down to 125,000 words with a sprinkling of random vowels and phrases now but I’m not happy. Ideally it would be nice to drop it to 110,000 but, well I’m being ridiculous there, that won’t ever happen.

My next large project, the dinosaur book is going to ceiling at 90,000 and that’s that. No ifs and buts, 90’s the limit, take it or leave it Gingerboy!
Alas, that’s all in the future because for now, I’m tied up in the realms of the SS, vampire soldiers and do-gooder Russians and Werewolves.
I hope one day to see you there too.

Take it easy

Reg :-)

PS. What do you think of the layout? It’s dark but not overly so… or am I being a divvy?

14 Kommentare:

mad tee hat gesagt…

Right then divvy............. no just kidding. I like it much better and it fits your new style better.

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

Hurrah !
So back to black it is then?
Just joshing there... ;-)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Nice post as for me. It would be great to read a bit more concerning this matter. Thnx for posting this information.

mad tee hat gesagt…

NO to the black josher !!!!
Anonym ???????????? strange post.

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

Come on Tee, not everyone can speak perfect English like us can... DOH!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

the nutter tee hat gesagt…

I wasn't knocking his English matey I was just confused as to who he was !!
AND you will come back with he's ANON right?
Yeah :-)

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

He's Anon Tee.
Happy babes?

confused.com :-) hat gesagt…

Yeah ta but who's ..... genial brief and this post helped me a lot in my college assignment :-).
You certainly get some different types on you blog.

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

We're not fussy Confused, we take 'em all :-)

tee hat gesagt…

I go under many alias's my little chickadee. Ha ha.

Vanessa Condez hat gesagt…

Knock! Knock! Can I talk now? :P

Well... since you're the one asking for an opinion... my personal one is:

it's certainly a big improvement but it makes you look kind of old fashion...

I never liked carpet-wallpaper.. :S

Hugs, Reg.
Vanessa.

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

The thing is, I want it to look old because the story that I originally started my Blog for is set in the 40's... do you get my drift?
I loved the black actually but I think I was in the minority on that one, lol.

Vanessa Condez hat gesagt…

Yeah, but you can be antique and not necessarily old-fashioned. For example here in Ireland almost every bar looks antique, people really like that here, but they don't look OLD...

See what I mean? ;)

There are a lot of free template sites out there, do some digging in your spare time and freshen this up.

(Or leave it if you like it.)

Hugs,
Vanessa