Freitag, 15. Februar 2008

This scooter is starting to resemble a dead Albatross.
I charged the battery, put it back in and tried the ignition. Nothing happened so I had a look to see if there was anything obvious.
My mate, (Thorsten) popped round and also had a look.
We found a relay that was warm/hottish to the touch and made a strange humming noise. We decided that it was definitely a problem and would have to be replaced before we could carry on with the diagnosis... and that's when the fun and games started.

The next day I drove to a scooter workshop.
Me : "Have you this sort of relay in stock?"
Scooter expert : "No, I'll have to order one from the manufacturers."
Me : "Ok, how much will it cost and how long before it comes?"
Smug Scooter B@$+@#& : "About 35 €, plus postage. It'll be here in about 6 to 8 weeks."
Me : "Oh."

So now I have to wait 6-8 weeks for the relay (the 35 € relay, plus postage and packing) to come before I can carry on looking for the fault.
Bah.

Ah well, if it's only the relay then I'll have a 2 year old scooter for 35 Euro, (plus P&P).
On the other hand this could just be the prelude to a long drawn out test of patience and nerves.
I hope it's not the later of the two.

Reg :-(

Keine Kommentare: